Please note that any transactions placed will be listed on your credit card statement as "Lancaster VIC Sales".
- We aim to send your item(s) out on the same or next working day from when you place the order, using the most appropriate Royal Mail or courier carriage.
- Your items would normally be with you within 3-5 working days but if receipt of your order exceeds this time please Contact us.
- If your item is broken, damaged or otherwise not as you expected, please Contact us as soon as possible within office hours.
- The price of delivery for merchandise is £1.50 per transaction, up to a basket value of £100. For a basket value of over £100, delivery is free.
- For events ticketing, there is a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction which includes postage.
Terms and Conditions of Merchandise Sales (Books, Maps, Gifts and Souvenirs)
Returns and Refunds Policy
1. For any merchandise purchased directly from ourselves through Lancaster Visitor Information Centre:
This page describes how we calculate refunds. Our refunds policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Some notes about refunds:
- If you are unhappy with your item, please return it to us unused and in suitable packaging.
- When you send your item back to us, we'll process the returned item then notify you of your refund. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within three weeks of our receiving your return.
- If the return and refund have not been processed after four weeks from the day you sent us your return, please Contact us for further assistance.
How Refunds Are Calculated:
Items returned because they are damaged, defective or incorrect
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is damaged or defective, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and we'll reimburse your costs in returning it to us.
Items returned within the seven-day cooling off period
By law, customers located in the European Union also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered.
Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the seven working day cooling-off period, and there has been no error on our part, we will refund the cost of the item and the cost of sending the item to you as follows:
- Where you are returning an item that was part of a larger order, we'll refund the per-item charge for delivery to you that you incurred.
- Where you are returning an entire order, we'll refund the per-delivery charge that you incurred for delivery to you.
- We will refund only standard (Airmail) postage charges for items delivered to you outside the UK.
Items returned under the 30-day returns guarantee
Where you are withdrawing from your purchase between seven and 30 days after delivery, and there has been no error on our part, we will refund only the cost of the item. We will not refund the cost of delivery to you or back to us or other services provided to you in connection with your purchase.
2. For any merchandise purchased via our Affiliate links to external sites:
Please see separate Terms and Conditions on the relevant website for details of their own Returns and Refunds policy.
Cancelling Your Order
We would normally aim to send your item(s) out on the same or next day from when you place the order, subject to stock availability. If you wish to cancel an order please Contact us as soon as possible and if it has not already been dispatched we will cancel the order and refund the value of the item(s). If your order has already been dispatched please refer to the Returns and Refunds policy above.